If you have health concerns while studying please see some information below on help that is available.


For up to date information on the above outbreak and for best practice while here in the UK please visit the government website here. Students can also view their university's guidance in this matter for University of Greenwich and University of Kent.


If you have to pay for prescriptions, eyesight tests or NHS dental treatment you may be eligible for help with the costs through the NHS Low Income Scheme.

To find out if you are eligible, you need to request a HC1 form, fully complete it and send it off.

Sexual Health

There are a number of services that are provided on the Medway Campus. These include:

  • Condoms
  • Depo Injection
  • Implant
  • Coils
  • Pill
  • STI
  • Emergency Contraception
  • Asymptomatic Screening

These services can be found in Medway Building M0-04.

Opening hours: Monday 13:00 - 15:00 and Thursday 14:30 - 16:30

If any students have any questions or concerns regarding sexual health then the NHS have a Medway Sexual Health Hub.

Kent Sexual Assault Referral Centre

The Sexual Assault Referral Centre will accept direct self-referrals from clients who do not wish to involve the Police following a sexual assault and/or rape. The Centre can provide the following:

  • Forensic medical examination by a Forensic Nurse Examiner
  • Consultation, advice and referral relating to health interventions required
  • Consultation and advice regarding forensic evidence
  • Telephone consultation, where agreed by appointment
  • Crisis support provided by an independent worker

Address: Beech House, Sexual Assault Referral Centre, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, ME16 9PH

Telephone: 07785 925507

GP (Doctors)

You should register as soon as possible with a local GP while studying on the Medway campus.

We recommend that you register with the DMC Sunlight Surgery so that if you do have any health issues or concerns you have a local practice to visit for advice and support.

Address: Dragon Co-Working Hub, Room 3, Lower Ground Floor, 5A New Road, Chatham, ME4 6BB

Telephone: 07521678521

Mental Health Crisis Support

The Improving Mental Health Provision (IMHP) is a co-productive, non-profit organisation supporting mental health and well being in Medway. Their approach is collaborative and encourages wide participation and empowerment. You can Download a leaflet with contact information or visit their website for more information.

Drug and Alcohol Issues?

For help with Drug and alcohol issues contact Turning Point's Medway Active Recovery Centre for advice.

Address: First Floor, 55 Green Street, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 1AE

Telephone: 0300 123 1560